Our current needs
We are currently in search of a skilled individual to initiate and lead our initiative focused on creating short-term quantum applications tailored to our specific bosonic quantum processors. This internal efforts aims to build in-house expertise while fostering collaboration with partners interested in employing quantum algorithms to address practical challenges. To kickstart this venture effectively, we are seeking a candidate well-versed in quantum computing with NISQ devices, possessing project management skills, and the ability to engage with partners. Your involvement will play a crucial role in establishing Nord Quantique as a pivotal collaborator in the exploration of quantum applications and unlocking the full potential of our bosonic quantum processors.
Your responsibilities within this role encompass:
- Within this role, your responsibilities involve engaging with partners to explore quantum applications relevant for collaborations. You will need to grasp partners' practical problem-solving needs and educate them about the capabilities of our systems.
- In your role as a team leader, you will oversee the team's expansion, encompassing responsibilities such as managing the projects and providing support and supervision to future team members.
- Additionally, you will be tasked with building and maintaining in-house expertise. This includes initiating a comprehensive literature review of existing work and adapting prior results to customize proposed algorithms for our more intricate bosonic quantum processors.
- Furthermore, you will be challenged with the numerical simulation of quantum circuits. This entails the daring task of compiling logical gates into control sequences and simulating them using realistic noise models in large-scale quantum systems. In this context, you will be required to perform simulations with our simulation tools for resource and performance estimation.
In our collaborative work environment, you will have the opportunity to engage in mission-critical projects that involves collaborations across all teams in Nord Quantique. Effective communication and strong organizational skills are vital, as you will be an integral part of a team-driven approach to problem-solving.
- Organizational and Communication Skills: Strong organizational skills are essential, as the candidate will likely work on multiple projects with multiple partners. Proficiency in written and verbal communication is also essential for effective collaboration and conveying findings.
- Expertise in Near-Term Quantum Algorithms: Demonstrated proficiency in exploring near-term applications on noisy quantum processors (NISQ algorithms) is a significant asset. Given that this constitutes the primary focus of the open position, any pre-existing knowledge in this area will provide a distinct advantage.
Quantum Dynamics Simulation: The candidate should possess expertise in simulating and analysis quantum dynamics in quantum open systems.
- Experience in Bosonic Systems: While not obligatory, prior experience in working with bosonic systems is preferred, as it provides a deeper understanding of the capabilities and limitations of our quantum processors.
- High-Performance Computation: Experience in high-performance computation is beneficial, as quantum simulations and computations can be resource-intensive. Proficiency in optimizing code for performance is a plus.
- Adaptability: The candidate should be able to adapt to rapidly changing environments, as the goals and priorities in the context of a deep tech startup are dynamic and evolving.
- Prioritization and Coordination: The ability to prioritize tasks and coordinate actions is essential, especially when working on complex projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Team-Oriented Mindset: Collaboration is key in scientific and quantum computing research, so a team-oriented mindset is highly valued.
- Thorough and Systematic: Attention to detail, thoroughness, and a systematic approach to problem-solving are crucial in ensuring the accuracy and reliability of the results and conclusions.